Boeing 737 Fixed base Flight simulator (FTD)The MPS Boeing 737-800 flight simulator is based on the B737-800W (winglet) Next Generation aircraft. The simulator is a fixed based, enclosed B737-800 full cockpit with a 200º Level D visual. Most flight controls are original parts and switches have been sourced from the original Boeing supplier. Other avionics and instruments are manufactured at our affiliated MPS factory. The combination of all these parts makes the B737-800 a high fidelity simulator, up to FAA Level 5/6, EASA FTD Level 1/2 with full control loading and FAA FFS Level D control loading and visual system.
- Provide dramatically lower flight simulator expenses for Airlines, Aviation schools/FTOs and TRTOs
- To provide an 737-800 training platform for all types of Aviation pilot training.
Key features of the MPS 737-800 FBS Flight simulator:
- Full 737-800 Cockpit / flight deck – exact replica of the original 737-800 (W) flight deck.
- FAA FFS Level D fidelity control loading and visual system
- All Flight systems, including: Auto pilot, Auto throttle, Flight director
- FAA FTD certification up to level 6
- EASA / JAA certification: EASA FTD Level 1 and EASA FTD level 2.
- 200 degree × 40 degree collimated visuals – Advanced model
- 200 degree × 40 degree visuals – Standard model
- Fully enclosed 737-800 FTD / FBS
- Integrated Instructor Operating station
- Full Boeing 737-800 Flight model – Original Boeing 737-800 Flight data package
- Lido Worldwide FMS navigation database
All MPS B737 simulators are supplied with an official Boeing data pack. This allows the control loading to work and act exactly like the real aircraft. A main requirement for the certification process.
Exact 737-800 cockpit / flight deck reproduction
The MPS 737-800 FBS/FTD is a complete reproduction of the Boeing 737-800 Aircraft. All controls, switches actuators and displays are fully functional. In addition, the flight simulator flies just like the 737-800 since the control responses conform to algorithms licensed by Boeing and tested to the appropriate QTG. A full suite of failure sets allows all Normal, Abnormal and Emergency procedures to run as they would in the 737-800 aircraft.
Lower cost for 737-800 simulator purchase and operating costs
The MPS Boeing 737-800 FTD has been developed to lower simulator cost for FTOs Airlines and TRTOs. The purchase cost has been achieved by innovative modular construction and the use of replicated and service-cost free flight system modules. The operation cost is substantially lower as there is no motion platform that needs to be maintained. Operational cost savings are also achieved because of the modular design and the remote software management. All systems on the flight deck of the MPS Boeing 737 flight simulator are modular. This means that any engineer can replace any module on the flight deck. There is no need for specialized engineer training.
Fully enclosed FAA Level D Collimated Visual Display
This visual display is a key feature as it gives the pilot a strong suggestion of movement. Reaction times for the display are nearly ten times that required by the QTG(Qualification Test Guide).
The 200 degree field of view, the high resolution imagery and the very fast display reaction time give the pilot in training a simulation environment as close as possible to flying an 737-800 aircraft.
The Advanced version of the MPS 737-800 simulator, the MPS FTD-2, is equipped with a collimated display with 200 X 40 degree field of view. The specifications of the collimated display go beyond the requirements for the highest level of FAA full flight simulator certifications; FAA FFS Level D. FAA FFS Level D Full flight simulator qualifications requires 150 degree field of view and a collimated display.
Control loading / Force feedback.
All moving flight controls on the 737-800 simulator are equipped with high precision control loading / force feedback. The control loading on the flight controls has been mapped to a very high degree of accuracy, equal to or above the requirements of FAA Level D FFS Simulator certification.
The high level of synchronization between control loading on the 737 simulator and the visual display give the training pilot the highest possible level of realism and provide a 737-800 training platform of the highest levels.
MPS Boeing 737-800 use in pilot certification systems The MPS Boeing 737-800 FBS simulator has been developed to be used in the widest possible range of pilot training / pilot certification systems.
- MPL Multi-crew pilot license: The MPL Pilot license is a relatively new pilot licensing system developed specifically to train pilots the skills required of an airline pilot with a strong focus on multi-crew operations. The MPL system focuses heavily on simulator experience. The MPS Boeing 737-800 FBS can be used for the majority of the simulator hours required for Multi-crew pilot license (MPL).
- MCC Multi-Crew Coordination
- IR Training Boeing 737-800
- Proficiency test
- Boeing 737-800(w) Type Rating: The MPS 737-800 FTD can be used for the 50% of the required simulator hours to achieve the Boeing 737-800 type rating.
MPS 737-800 FTD simulator certification
Upon leaving the MPS Factory in the Netherlands, the MPS 737-800 FBS has been certified by the Dutch Aviation authority (Rijksluchtvaartdienst, RLD) under provisions JAR/EASA
The table below shows the differences between the 737-800 FTD-1 and the 737-800 FTD-2 flight simulators, and the EASA, ICAO and FAA certification that can be obtained with each.
|Flight simulator features||MPS FTD-1||MPS FTD-2|
|Aircraft Model||Boeing 737-800w||Boeing 737-800w|
|EASA JAA Certification level||FTD Level 1||FTD Level 1|
|FAA Certification level||FAA FTD Level 4 or 5||FAA FTD Level 5 or 6|
|ICAO Certification level||ICAO Level 4||ICAO Level 5|
|Flight Training system usage||737-800w type rating, MPL, MCC, JOC, IFR||737-800w type rating, MPL, MCC, JOC, IFR|
|Simulator display system||200×40 Collimated projection||200×40 Collimated projection|
Integrated Instructor Operating Station
The MPS 737-800 Simulators, both standard and advanced (MPS FTD-1 and MPS FTD-2) are equipped with an integrated instructor operating station (IOS). The IOS is equipped with a touch screen and has been engineered for ease of use. The IOS can also be operated from a tablet computer allowing for unique training situations where the instructor can take place next to student whilst still having full control over the simulator.
The MPS Boeing 737-800 FBS
The 737-800 FBS allows the student / pilots to become accustomed to the working environment of the Boeing 737-800 at an early stage in training and progress to the final stage of Type Rating in a Full Flight Simulator with 100% continuity. Full Flight Simulator time is almost ten times as expensive as the equivalent time on the MPS Boeing 737-800 simulator.
MPL Simulator solutions is based in Hong Kong and is responsible for the sales of MPS Boeing 737-800 FBS for the middle east and Asia.